Chicken Biryani With Qorma (By Chef Rahat)
This is a biryani recipe taught by Chef Rahat in her cooking show. Biryani is a popular dish in India and Pakistan. Enjoy some Desi food using this recipe.
- Chicken – 1 1/5 Kg
- Basmati Rice - One Kg
- Ground Red Chillies – 2 Tablespoons
- Ground dried Corriender – 1 Tablespoon
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Onion (Large in size) – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Black Cumin Seeds – half Teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 6 pepper corns
- Green Cardamom – 8 cloves
- Salt – According to taste
- Yellow food color – half Teaspoon
- Oil or Ghee – 1.5 Cup
Take a pan and place on medium heat. Put chicken, all spices and oil and let it cook . When water dries add some yogurt and fry a little. Add a little water and let it simmer on medium heat.
Boil rice in a separate pan and add some mint leaves, green chillies, black pepper corn and black cumin seeds while boiling. When rice is nearly done, rinse water.
Now in a pan set layers of rice and cooked chicken curry. One layer rice, then chicken then rice. Then mix yellow food color in some milk and pour on the top and also squeeze one lemon.
Cover it with a lid and put it for “dum” on low flame.